629 south andover st.
toledo, oh 43606
(612) 555 - 0275
position as an english teacher.
ohio secondary certificate in english, december 1997
english teacher, 1997 - present
oak park high school, toledo, oh
• taught american literature & writing composition to 9th - 12th graders.
• organized cooperative learning activities.
• implemented portfolio grading system in literature classes.
• incorporated new texts into standard curriculum
• tutuored students seeking additional guidance with course work
• assessed student performance throughout the term.
• conducted individual student conferences.
• chaperoned field trips and school dances.
student teacher, 1996 - 1997
urbana high school, athens, oh
• taught american literature to a diverse group of students
• implemented creative curricula utilizing outcome-based education & alternative assessments
• wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans
• tutored students after school and chaperoned field trips.
• assisted with student government activities
speech & debate, theatre, track & field. i welcome the opportunity to coach extracurricular activities.
b.a., english, 1996
ohio university, athens, oh