Auditor position in the public accounting field in the Chicago area.
• More than two years of progressive accounting and auditing experience.
• Auditor internship with Ernst & Young in New York City.
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BBA in Accounting.
• Proficient with MS Office, Windows 2000/XP, and the Internet.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, May 2006
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Courses taken included:
Managerial Accounting Corporate Audit and Reconciliation
Intermediate Accounting I & II Financial Management
Accounting I & II Internal Audit
Accounting for Not-For-Profits Managerial Economics
Auditor Internship, May 2005 to August 2005
Ernst & Young, New York, New York
• Participated in the annual audit of Omega Megalithic Holdings, including development of the final certification report.
• Participated in quarterly audit of Alpha Bank Corporation, including identification and correction of over twenty major accounting errors.
• Developed several Excel spreadsheet macros currently in use for reducing entry time and automatically cross-referencing for errors.
• Received Employee of the Month award twice--first intern ever to win the award.
Accounts Payable/Bookkeeping Clerk, May 2003 to Present
Anytown Tax and Bookkeeping Service, Anytown, New York
• Assisted (via remote) with payroll, tax, and account processing.
• Developed automated monthly sales tax payment system.
• Implemented Rapid Tax Refund service for individual customers.
• Vice President, Student Accountancy Chapter, 2005-2006
• Treasurer, Beta Gamma Sigma honors society, 2005-2006
• Dorm Resident Assistant, 2004-2006