Do I Need a Special Kind of Resume for My Industry?
Question: Do I Need a Special Kind of Resume for My Industry?
Answer: Rather than concerning yourself with the particular resumes used in the industry in which you want to work, you need to concentrate on putting together a resume that clearly highlights the skills you will need to use in your future job. You need to use some (but not a tremendous amount of) industry jargon to establish a familiarity with the industry. Using too much jargon will appear to be more flash than substance. Your resume should give the potential employer a snapshot of who you are and what you can offer to this employer.
The most important thing is that your resume be well organized and well written. You need to include an objective on your resume. It should describe the type of position you are seeking. If possible, you should change your objective to fit each position to which you are applying. You should also include a summary of qualifications, which lists your skills.
You can choose from three resume formats -- chronological, functional, and combination. A chronological resume lists jobs in reverse chronological order, with the following information: employer, location, dates worked, and a description of job duties. A functional resume, rather than highlighting individual jobs, emphasizes the job-seeker's abilities. A combination resume is a hybrid of these two formats. As on a functional resume, abilities are stressed. However, jobs are also listed, but details about job duties aren't provided for each one. This is often a good choice for someone who is looking for his first job in a particular field.
Here are some tips for resume writing:
- Do not put any personal information on your resume.
- Try to stick to one page, but don't crowd everything together.
- Don't email your resume as an attachment unless you get permission first.
- Proofread your resume several times and, if possible, have someone else look it over as well.
- The Resume Writing section of this site contains more information. You'll find links to sites that provide samples of resumes, as well as advice on how to write a quality resume.
【Do I Need a Special Kind of Resume for My Industry?】相关文章：
IT personal resume10-28