1：Let it be me.
2：Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss. But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.
3：Sometimes a little discomfort in the beginning can save a whole lot of pain down the road.
4：The higher I got, the more amazed I was by the view.
5：Some days the sunsets would be purple and pink. And some days they were a blazing orange setting fire to the clouds on the horizon. It was during one of those sunsets that my father's idea of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts moved from my head to my heart.
One’s character is set at an early age. I'd hate to see you swim out so far you can't swim back.
The way she talked about what it felt like to be up in that tree to be held above the earth, brushed by the wind. Who in junior high talks like that? This weird feeling started taking over in the pit of my stomach and I didn't like it.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
And I realized Garrett was right about one thing: I had flipped. Completely.
A painting is more than the sum of its parts. A cow by itself is just a cow. A meadow by itself is just grass, flowers. And the sun peeking through the trees is just a beam of light. But you put them all together and it can be magic.
I never been embarrassed by where I ve lived before, I also never really thought about money, I knew we werent rich, but I didnt feel like we were missing anything.
When she walked out of the door, I thought back to the first time I saw her. How could anybody, ever, have wanted to run away from Juli Baker.
The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped. It was those eyes, something in those dazzling eyes.
The next thing I know, hes holding my hand and looking right into my eyes. My heart stopped. Was this it? Would this be my first kiss?
Sherry Stalls was nothing but a whiny, gossipy, backstabbing flirt. All hair and no substance. And there she was holding hands with Bryce. My Bryce. The one who was walking around with my first kiss.
And shes been stalking me since the second grade. - Well, a girl like that doesnt live next door to everyone.
她从二年级起就老是缠着我。 - 这种女孩可是可遇不可求的。
1. I don’t know what came over me. It was like I was possessed or something.
2. It felt good to take charge. I felt strong, in control.
3. By the end of the evening, all I felt was detached, neutral. No fireworks, no leftover anger, no flutters, nothing. And it felt good to no longer care about Bryce Loski.
4. But for the grace of God, your mother could be standing in Mr. Baker’s shoes.
4. You can’t condemn him for something he hasn’t done.
5.Took an interest in Sherry himself.
6. I began to notice how wonderful the breeze smelled. Like sunshine and wild grass.
7. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do the right thing.
8. I could sit there for hours, just looking out at the world.
9. I guess it’s something about his eyes. Or maybe his smile.
10. Because of that, one of the two of them will always be unhappy.
11. My only consolation was that next year would be different.
12. And I wondered, did I still feel the same things about Bryce?
13. He looked at me with those eyes. Those once again dazzling eyes.
14. I never want you to forget how you felt when you were up there.
15. She started sniffing me.
16. Then that makes you a coward.
17. I blessed a day I found you.