Phone: 0512-******** or 137123456
Add: Suzhou SIP, Jiangsu, China
OBJECTIVE: General Manager or equivalent position in China.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent personality with strong leadership.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Highly motivated and result-oriented professional with expertise in Lean manufacturing operations.
- Strong skills in implementing goals, driving activities and solving problems.
- Proficient both in Chinese and English.
Datacolor Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., Suzhou, China. (2004 – 2006)
- Developed and restructured the organization, setup manufacturing facility and used all resources effectively.
- Managed and directed department of production, quality, engineering, purchasing, finance, HR and logistics.
- Fully responsible for local operation and performance, developed and submitted plans and goals periodically.
- Led a group of highly motivated managers to define and execute plans to meet goals within financial constrains.
- Implemented company policies and guidelines, advocated good spirit and team work.
- Developed cost effective and highly qualified local suppliers and achieved net 45% COGS against original US costs.
- Cooperated headquarter to smoothly transfer products and technology from US to China.
- Successfully launched transferred products in Suzhou, exceed requirements in speed, quality and cost.
- Maintained high standard quality requirements for products, led and drove the implementation of ISO9001 system.
- Conducted management review periodically and generated action plans in all levels to secure more effective operations.
- Drove the continuous improvement of production efficiency and cost reduction projects.
- Developed annual budget plans and successfully managed headcounts and expenses under the budget.
- Built up effective logistics team to minimize inventory, managed warehouse and supported business growth inside EPZ.
- Maintained good relationship with local SIP and EPZ officers.
- Achieved sales in five million US dollars, turned loss to net profit in FY2005.
Jacobs Chuck Manufacturing Company, Clemson, South Carolina, USA. (1995-2004)
- Involved in Kaizen projects to make continuous improvement.
- Implemented in reduction in cycle time, direct labor, scraps, and improvement of quality by using Lean
- Developed engineering documents and work instructions.
- Designed and developed tooling, fixtures, machine specifications, rebuilt and purchased new equipment.
- Hands-on machine troubleshooting to reduce machine downtime.
- Performed root cause analysis and statistical tools (6 Sigma and Cpk) to improve and implement solutions to complex manufacturing and tooling processes.
- Involved in new product development by using QFD design principles and concurrent engineering team to quickly launch new product from concept through production.
- Involved in planning and start-up of eight million dollar investment of Jacobs-Suzhou in China.
- As a team leader to coordinate and lead cross functional teams both in U.S. and China to transfer products and technologies from U.S. facility to Suzhou facility.
- Implemented the initial production line design and operation start-up at Jacobs-Suzhou facility.
- Provided training to Suzhou employees including Lean manufacturing, assembly process, work instruction, quality inspection, quality control and ISO9000 system.
- Supported and coordinated the construction project of Jacobs-Suzhou facility.
- Assisted in localization for components, cutting tools, and spare machine parts.
- Facilitated good communications between U.S. and China groups.
Engineering Manager At Jacobs-Suzhou Facility
- Managed and directed engineering department and maintenance team.
- Oversaw operation efficiency and product quality, drove for process improvement and troubleshooting to maintain high standard quality and productivity.
- Led team members to resolve quality issues in related to product design, function, and manufacturing
process on daily operations.
- Managed and supported in outsourcing and component localization projects.
- Supported service department in related to product function, quality and performance.
- Drove for product redesign and making more competitive products for Chinese market.
- Set up time line and successfully launched production for transferred products within deadline.
- Met with customers, vendors, and government officials to develop successful China operations.
- Developed departmental budgets for capitalized equipment and other expenses.
Resident Expatriate At Jacobs-Suzhou Facility
- Assisted GM in defining business plans and objectives, led team to take actions and execute plans.
- Developed plans and drove for actions in continuous improvement of operational performance and cost reduction projects.
- Monitored and supported existing operations to meet targets in quality, quantity, cost and delivery.
- Drove Lean manufacturing initiatives throughout manufacturing areas.
- Implemented and maintained manufacturing quality systems.
- Directed for new product development, sampling, testing and pilot running.
- Led cross functional team to launch new products and met goals in quality, cost, productivity and capacity.
- Supported and managed in localization projects and worked with suppliers to resolve technical issues.
- Coordinated and supported in marketing, sales, human resource, logistics and recruiting efforts.
- Managed in maintaining good relationship with customers, suppliers and local officers.
TechStyle Inc., Piedmont, South Carolina, USA. (1993-1995)
- Analyzed data to create and develop specifications and design concepts.
- Applied computer aided design and drafting skills to design new products.
- Performed kinematics and dynamics analysis as well as finite element analysis.
- Made detailed and layout drawings, documented design records and bill of materials.
- Worked with other engineers as a team to build prototypes.
- Assembled and tested prototypes, made design alternation if necessary.
- Modified and upgraded existing products for better performance.
Shangrao Automotive Company, Jiangxi, China (1990-1992)
- Hands-on machine operation and general practice.
- Designed and developed tooling and fixtures.
- Made detailed and assembly drawings.
- Documented design records and created bill of materials.
- Worked with other engineers as a team to build fixtures.
- Assembled and tested fixtures, made design alternation if necessary.
- Modified existing tooling and fixtures.
- Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering (May, 1995) - Clemson University, Clemson, SC, USA.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (July, 1990) - Jiangxi Polytechnic University, P.R.China.
- Extensive Lean Manufacturing training by Mr. Nakao, Shiqijishu Consulting Firm (December, 1995)
- Extensive Lean Manufacturing training by Mr. Nakao, Shiqijishu Consulting Firm (September, 1996)