l. We have pleasure in acknowledging receipt of your esteemed favour of the 3rd May
2. We are pleased to acknowledge receipt of your favour of the lst June
3. We have to acknowhedge receipt of your favour of the 5th July
4. Your letter of May 5 was very welcome
5. Your letter of April l0 gave me much pleasure
6. Your esteemed favour of 7th May was duly received by us
7. Your favour of the 5th June is duly to hand
8. Your favour of the l0th is to (at) hand
9. We are in due receipt of your favour dated the 7th June
10. We are in receipt of your letter of the 7th July
11. We are in possession of your letter of the 5th April
1. In accordance with the instructions given (contained) in your favour of the 10th May
2. According to the directions contained in yours of the 6th May
3. According to the instructions given in your letter under date of the 10th of last month
4. In conformity with (to) your instructions of the l0th ult.
5. Pursuant to your instructions of May 10
1. Your telegram just received is quite unintelligible.
2. Please repeat your wire on receipt of this, stating your meaning more clearly.
3. Your telegram is not clear; explain the third and fourth words.
4. Your telegram is unintelligible; repeat more fully in plain language.
Thank you for your letter of September 26.We shall be very pleased to see you and discuss your new monitor, but October 6 is not suitable. We will be happy to meet with you at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 7, if the time is convenient for you.
We look forward to meeting you.
Dear Mr. / Ms,
I am at present in Hamburg visiting the harbour with a view to making known our new type of container for use in Europe.
Dear Mr. Grison
Thank you for your letter of 6 May 20XX concerning the faulty tableware.
I am extremely sorry to learn that the delivery you took on 2 April was of poor quality. This was due to our faulty packing machine. We now have it repaired and we will replace the faulty delivery free of charge within three days.
We have been supplying you for five years and we will replace the faulty delivery free of charge within three days.
We have been supplying you for five years and you have always been one of our excellent customers. Therefore, I greatly regret the inconvenience it has caused and would like to offer my sincere apologies. I can assure you that such occasion will not occur and our supplies in the future will again be of our usual high standards.
Dear Ms Jaana Pekkala，
We understand from The Swiss Business Guide for China that your organization is helping Swiss firms in seeking opportunities of investing in China and business cooperating with Chinese partners. To establish business relations with your organization and attract Swiss companies' investment here in What， We write to introduce our city， the city of What， as one of the open cities in Liaoning Province， China and also ourselves， Foreign Economic Relations & Trade Committee of What， as a What government initiative to facilitate business relationship with foreign companies.
本文以一个简单的商业回复信函为例来介绍一些商务英语信函的翻译技巧。回函内容：一是我方获悉贵公司的名称和地址。二是愿与贵公司建立商业合作关系。三是本公司经营五金产品多年，声名卓越，拥有可靠的销售渠道 。四是为使贵公司对我公司有更好了解，先寄去我公司宣传册一本 。五是盼早日回复。
(1)We are willing to eatablish trade relations with your company.
(2) We hope to establish business relations with you.
(3) Our company handles electronic product import and export business form, hoping to entering into business relations with you.
To inform one of; To say; To state; To communicate; To advise one of;
To bring to one’s notice (knowledge); To lay before one;
To point out; To indicate; To mention; To apprise one of;
To announce; To remark; To call one’s attention to; To remind one of; etc.
1. We are pleased to inform you that
2. We have pleasure in informing you that
3. We have the pleasure to apprise you of
4. We have the honour to inform you that (of)
5. We take the liberty of announcing to you that
6. We have to inform you that (of)
7. We have to advise you of (that)
8. We wish to inform you that (of)
道歉 Apologies 有时我们需要表达歉意，往往是因为自己做过某件事、没有去做某件事或者没能够去做某件事。道歉应该是真诚的，而且应该强调是你自己的过错，或者解释你没能够去做某事的原因。你应该:
1. I really must apologize for…我真得为……道歉。
2. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.我对由此给您带来的麻烦表示歉意。
3. 1 would like to express my apologies for…我要为……表达我的`歉意。
4. It is with great regret that…非常抱歉，……
5. I regret that I have caused you…我为给你造成的·一道歉。
6. I hope you will forgive me for…我希望你能就……之事原谅我。
7. I am writing to apologize for…我为……之事写信道歉。
8. I am writing to express my apology for…我为……之事特此写信表达歉意。
9. Please accept my apology for…请接受我就……之事的道歉。
1. We confirm our respects of the l0th May
2. We confirm our letter of the l0th of this month
3. We confirm our last letter of the l0th June
4. We had the pleasure of writing you last on the l0th of this month
5. We confirm our respects of the l0th June
6. We confirm the remarks made in our respects of the l0th July
7. We confirm the particulars of our enquiry by telephone of this morning
8. In confirming our telegram of this morning, --
9. Confirming our respects of the 10th May,---
10. Confirming our last of the 10th June,---
1. I will write you particulars in my next.
2. Particulars will be related in the following.
3. I will relate further details in the following.
4. I will inform you more fully in my next.
5. I will go (enter) into further details in my next.
1. As stated below,
2. Annexed hereto,
3. Attached you will find...
4. As shown on the next page
5. As indicated overleaf(下页，背面)
6. As at foot hereof,
7. Sent with this,
8. As the drawings attached,
9. As shown in the enclosed documents,
10. As already mentioned,
11. As particularized on the attached sheet,
12. As detailed in the previous letter