There are 6 key points you should include in your covering letter:
1. First of all, say that you would like to apply. 首先要说你希望申请这份工作。 比如: I would like to apply for the position of marketing manager…
2. Then you say where you found out about the information about the job. 跟着就说你从哪里获悉这份工作的招聘信息。 比如，…which was advertised in Creative Jobs.
3. Say why you would like the job 表明你为什么喜欢这份工作。 比如, I have always wanted to work in a leading organisation like the BBC.
4. Say why you are qualified to do the job. 介绍一下你为什么具备了做这份工作的资格。 比如，I worked as the sub-editor of University News for two years.
5. Say you can provide more information if necessary. 告诉对方如果需要的话你可以提供进一步信息资料。 比如，I would be delighted to provide more information should you require it.
6. Say when you would be available for interview. 告诉对方你什么时间有空参加面试。 比如，I will be available for an interview any time Monday and Tuesday next week. 申请信常用短语： I would like to apply for…我希望申请… The position advertised in… 在…广告上刊登的这一职位 If you would like to discuss this in more detail…如果您希望讨论更多细节 I enjoy working under pressure. 我喜欢在有压力的环境中工作。 I was in charge of…我负责… I was responsible for …我负责…