If you have responsibility for something or someone, or if they are your responsibility, it is your job or duty to deal with them and to take decisions relating to them.
e.g. Each manager had responsibility for just under 600 properties...
e.g. We need to take responsibility for looking after our own health...
If you accept responsibility for something that has happened, you agree that you were to blame for it or you caused it.
e.g. No one admitted responsibility for the attacks...
e.g. Someone had to give orders and take responsibility for mistakes.
Your responsibilities are the duties that you have because of your job or position.
e.g. He handled his responsibilities as a counselor in an intelligent and caring fashion.
e.g. ...programmes to help employees balance work and family responsibilities.
If someone is given responsibility, they are given the right or opportunity to make important decisions or to take action without having to get permission from anyone else.
e.g. She would have loved to have a better-paying job with more responsibility...
e.g. Carrington held a position of responsibility within the government.
If you think that you have a responsibility to do something, you feel that you ought to do it because it is morally right to do it.
e.g. The court feels it has a responsibility to ensure that customers are not misled...
e.g. As parents we have a responsibility to give our children a sense of belonging.
If you think that you have a responsibility to someone, you feel that it is your duty to take action that will protect their interests.
e.g. She had decided that as a doctor she had a responsibility to her fellow creatures.
名词责任; 职责; 负责任; 责任感，责任心
1. bear responsibility for : 对...负有责任;
1. A father has many responsibilities.
2. Keeping house is my responsibility.
3. He is completely lacking in responsibility.
4. A little child does not feel much responsibility.
1. 义务：从法律角度看,穿不穿校服是学生的一种权利(RIGHT),而非一种义务(RESPONSIBILITY) 2. 从教育方面看,个性(INDIVIDUALITY)与共性的问题,当今时代更注重个性的培养 3. 若规定只能穿校服,衣服的换洗方面较为不易,
1. Young Chinese, China's responsibility.
2. Qian is a source for production of wood-processing machinery, cotton, machinery and construction machinery products business, after 20 years of hard work and development, with a maturity of professional experience, a strong technical strength to the market demand as their responsibility, and has now become a large-scale comprehensive manufacturers.
3. Third, there are two cores of spirit of his prose, one is the scholar-officials`s responsibility、innate knowledge、ambition; and the other is the poet`s unique poetic quality.
4. Any delay because of the dally over payments, seller will take no responsibility.
5. I am active and have responsibility in work and I have strong spirit of team-work.
奖励情况 08~09学年三等奖学金 2009年参加校党校学习，并毕业自偶评价我自己思想积极要求上进，向党组织靠拢，并取得党课结业证书，适应性强，性格开朗，善于与人沟通，乐于助人。
6. We have the responsibility to develop the fruit of the Holy Spirit in life.