1. He is proud of his daughter's ability to speak four languages.
2. He's too proud to speak to poor people like us.
3. She is proud of her accomplishments.
4. I'm proud to be your friend.
5. They're poor but proud.
If you feel proud, you feel pleased about something good that you possess or have done, or about something good that a person close to you has done.
e.g. I felt proud of his efforts...
e.g. They are proud that she is doing well at school...
'That's the first part finished,' he said proudly.
Your proudest moments or achievements are the ones that you are most proud of.
e.g. This must have been one of the proudest moments of his busy and hard working life.
Someone who is proud has respect for themselves and does not want to lose the respect that other people have for them.
e.g. He was too proud to ask his family for help and support...
e.g. We are a proud people. We are not used to begging or taking things.
Someone who is proud feels that they are better or more important than other people.
e.g. She was said to be proud and arrogant.
If one object stands proud of another object that it is attached to or next to, it extends beyond it.
e.g. The handles stand proud of the doors of the car.
If someone does you proud, they treat you very well, for example by welcoming you and giving you good food and entertainment.
e.g. The hotel has indeed done them proud.
1. What now makes him proud and excited is developing the business in China, a land where he saw " opportunities and future " for Wall Street English.
2. " I'm quite proud of their acting, " Meng says.
3. CANBERRA - Hollywood star Nicole Kidman received an Australian government honour Friday, saying it would make her parents more proud than her Oscar.
4. Being the city where ancient foreign businessmen started their China tours with their merchant ships, the Cantonese capital surely has a proud history behind it.
5. I'm truly proud and humbled to carry the Qatar flag among my fellow athletes from all over the world.
6. " I feel very proud because there were a lot of good players out there, " she said.
7. " Catherine has always been pretty voluptuous and proud of her curves, " said an onlooker.
8. The sailing center is also proud of its pontoon system, the most advanced without the stakes in the world.
9. In addition, they think negatively about frugality while feeling proud of being extravagant.
10. Local officials are proud of the rapid changes made to Chongqing's cityscape.