You use profound to emphasize that something is very great or intense.
e.g. ...discoveries which had a profound effect on many areas of medicine.
e.g. ...profound disagreement...
This has profoundly affected my life...
In politics, as in other areas, he is profoundly conservative.
A profound idea, work, or person shows great intellectual depth and understanding.
e.g. This is a book full of profound, original and challenging insights.
e.g. ...one of the country's most profound minds.
形容词深厚的; 意义深远的; 严重的; 知识渊博的
名词〈诗〉深海，大洋; 深渊; (灵魂)深处
1. We had a profound lesson in ideological education yesterday.
2. Strange creatures live in the profound depth of the ocean.
3. Her parents' divorce had a profound effect on her life.
4. He was in a state of profound shock.
5. It's a profound book.
1. 深远的：儿童的社交能力对他们学习上的进步(progress)有深远的(profound)影响. 和同学相处(getting along with)不好的儿童很可能导致他在学习(academically)上的落后和更高的退学率. 特别是低年级的学生,专家指出,
3. 深深感觉,极深,奥妙的：profligate 恣意,放荡的 | profound 深深感觉,极深,奥妙的 | profuse 浪费的
4. 深刻的：profligate 放荡的 | profound 深刻的 | profoundly 深深地
1. The visit left him a profound impression of two elite universities Cambridge and Oxford, he said.
2. China is playing an active and important role in global humanitarian efforts and Jamaica and the countries of the Caribbean recognize this with profound gratitude.
3. It will also catalyze a sweeping environmental revolution throughout society and bring profound changes to people's lifestyles.
4. CCTV has given these awards for the past five years to feature model businesses for a nation in the middle ofprofound economic changes.
5. Chopin was a patriotic musician and all his works have profound national characteristics centering around Polish culture.
6. The scholars said today's students lacked the profound thinking and sense of obligation seen among their enlightened predecessors a century ago.
7. We are increasingly confronted by major adaptive challenges as well as profound transformational opportunities.
8. In early 2009, Zhang Mingyue was diagnosed with having profound hearing loss and a cochlea implant was prescribed.
9. He said at time of difficulty, the Chinese nation has shown strong cohesiveness and profound love among its people.