及物动词预防; 阻止; 阻碍; [宗教]引领
1. To prevent guests from trampling on the flowers, he covered the floor with acrylic glass.
2. " We will strengthen supervision and improve business management to prevent a similar case happening, " Wang said.
3. The government has been trying to slow the economy to prevent its boom from becoming a speculative bubble that turns to a bust.
4. Both men readily agreed Congress must act soon to prevent millions of Americans from losing their jobs and homes.
5. Individuals should not buy medicines to prevent or fight this new influenza without a prescription, and they should exercise caution in buying antivirals over the Internet.
6. Some publicity that is supposed to prevent teenagers from smoking has actually aroused curiosity among them by claiming " smoking is a choice only for adults ".
7. Abbas'troops failed to prevent Hamas militants from seizing the Gaza Strip by force in June.
8. This is meant to prevent the Chinese Government from liberating Taiwan by force.
9. Drugs are already available to help prevent and minimise the damage caused by a heart attack.
10. But by no means should it be an excuse to prevent or put off reforms crucial to the country's balanced and sustainable development.
1. stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state
e.g. We must prevent the cancer from spreading
His snoring kept me from falling asleep
Keep the child from eating the marbles
2. keep from happening or arising
e.g. My sense of tact forbids an honest answer
Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project
1. 预防：犬病条例>修正案>>第一次修正 根据1997年10月17日四川省第八届人民代表大会常务委员会第二十九次会议<<关于修改<四川省预防(prevent)控制狂犬病条例>的决定>>第二次修正)第二条 预防(prevent)控制狂犬病,以预防(prevent)为主,
2. 防：要勤于清理,把所有的褶子都翻开,通风,晾干,预防(prevent)疾病发生. 1.京吧的脊椎结构特点导致它容易发生椎间盘(an intervertebral disk)脱出症,常见于公狗2岁半到4岁半,母狗3岁半到5岁半. 主要症状为:脖子发硬,头部不能自由活动,
3. 防范：西门子的合规项目包括三大支柱:防范(prevent)、监查(detect)和应对(respond). 防范主要通过对员工进行培训及持续的沟通和谘询实现;监查部分,西门子设置了四项流程:业务相关的控制管理、审计、投诉处理及报告责任;最後一个步骤应对,
1. Therefore, we should continue to implement the macro-control policies to prevent re-expansion of real estate development.
2. It has been found that carburetting with graphite can efficiently prevent the surface crack of cast iron.
3. Around the world international aids go wrong keep the peace a shortage of food cause sb. to do sth. live in poverty in real life people in need belong to the UN a UN Goodwill ambassador give a speech be pleased to do sth. have the chance to do sth. refer to sb./ sth. be made up of mean to do sth./ doing sth. be honoured to do sth. take on this role set up/about doing/down/out to do be based on develop friendly relations with sb. co-operate in doing sth. promote respect for human rights as you know touch the lives of people everywhere be involved in with the help of sb. worthy organizations be worth doing sth.= be worthy of being done assist the victims of wars in addition protect sb. from doing sth. prevent sb. from doing sth. child labour record sth.= make records of be aware of sth./ make sb aware of draw one's attention=draw the attention of sb. add sth. to sth.
add up/add up to under the umbrella of 全世界国际援助出错保持和平缺少食物导致某人做某事生活贫穷在现实生活中有需要的人属于联合国一位联合国亲善大使做讲座高兴做某事有机会做某事谈及某人或某事由某物组成打算做某事/意味着做某事荣幸做某事承担这个角色建立/着手工作/写下/开始做以…为基础和某人发展友好关系合作做某事促进对人权的尊敬正如你所知道的涉及每个地方人们的生活涉及;卷入在某人的帮助下令人尊敬的组织值得做某事帮助战争的受难者除了保护某人免受…的伤害阻止某人做某事童工记录某事意识到引起某人的注意把…加到…/加起来/加起来为在…的保护下 17 41。
4. It said India needed to develop an effective competition commission and strengthen regulators to preventcrony capitalism as well as foster greater transparency in the allocation of land and infrastructure projects.